Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how we manage and safeguard personal data. Personal data is information about a living person, including identification details, contact details and other information processed in conjunction with ZICO Trust (S) Ltd.’s (“ZICO Trust”) services.
By submitting your own or another individual’s personal data, you confirm that you and such other individual agree to our collection, use and disclosure of personal data in accordance with this Notice. Please do not send us any personal data if you do not want it to be used in this way.
The personal data we collect
In the course of our services, you may provide personal data to us, as clients or other parties involved in our work. Your personal data may also be provided by someone on your behalf, in which case, we will assume until notified otherwise, that you have authorised the disclosure of your personal data to us.
When you use our website, you are not required to provide any personal data on the public areas of our website. However, you may choose to provide us with information by contacting us, including for subscription to our publications, client alerts and client events, and for career enquiries or applications.
What we use your personal data for
We only use your information in connection with the provision of ZICO Trust’s services, including:
- to provide you with information, materials, publications and client communications which we think you will find valuable;
- to communicate with you to inform you of changes and updates to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including professional services provided to you;
- to administer, maintain, manage and operate trust services on your behalf, including liaising with banks, fund managers, corporate secretarial service providers and government authorities;
- to comply with all relevant regulations, authorities and reporting obligations in relation to the trust business;
- to verify your identity for the purposes of providing you with our services;
- to respond to your queries and requests and handling complaints;
- to keep proper records and documentation in relation to trust services provided to you;
- to provide and improve our services to you and our clients;
- to manage our relationship with you and our clients;
- to fulfil our legal obligations, protect our legal interests and rights; and
- any other purpose directly relating to any of the above.
We do not sell or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any non-related third party, except as described in this Notice or with your prior permission.
Sharing data across our ZICO Group Network. In doing the above, we may transfer your personal data overseas to any ZICO group office or any of our affiliates located in countries which may not have well developed data protection legislation. However, we will ensure that the processing of your personal data complies with our ZICO group security measures. If in the future we re-organize our business, we may need to transfer your personal data to a new ZICO group entity or third party through which ZICO group provides services.
We will take reasonable care to implement security measures which safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data. If our data processing is carried out by a third party, we will require that they adhere to our standards.
You can request to see the personal data we hold about you and, if the personal data is inaccurate, you can request that we update it. You may do so by sending us an email at moc.s1600673862gnidl1600673862ohoci1600673862z@ofn1600673862itz1600673862. Please allow us reasonable time to respond and effect any change.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to use or disclose any of your personal data, you may send us an email at moc.s1600673862gnidl1600673862ohoci1600673862z@ofn1600673862itz1600673862. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you. Such withdrawal may also result in termination of any business relationship you may have with us.
By not informing us or unsubscribing, we will assume we have your implied consent to use your personal data as described above.
ZICO Trust reserves the right to change this Notice from time to time. The current version will always be posted on our website. This Client Personal Data Protection Notice was last updated on 4 March, 2015.
Any questions or requests concerning this Notice should be directed to moc.s1600673862gnidl1600673862ohoci1600673862z@ofn1600673862itz1600673862 or by phone +65 6536 9119.